Since Casual Friday has morphed in many offices to Casual Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, how do you make the look work five days a week?
The first rule is take inspiration from your boss. Adapt your style to upper management’s style. Every business has it’s own definition of casual – use your eyes to determine what makes sense for where you work.
Here are some tips:
- No matter what look you go with, make sure it’s tidy. If jeans are allowed, they should be clean and wrinkle-free.
- Dress for the day. If you’re meeting with a new client or have to travel to another office, kick it up a notch. Think about having a jacket and even a tie handy, just in case.
- When it comes to shirts, stick to button-downs and polos. Collars are best.
- Sweaters are a great option – especially as the weather gets cooler. Turn to fine-knit rather than button-down shirts over bulky sweaters.
- No matter the pants – preferably slacks or khakis over jeans – always wear a belt.
- Don’t forget footwear. Stick to loafers or dress shoes, avoid sandals and anything but the highest-end of sneakers.
Your Garmany pro can help you make the right selections.