Maxi Style With a Maxi!
Ahh, the maxi dress. This time of year, it’s as ubiquitous as shorts and a T-shirt. The good news is that it can be just as comfortable but much more flattering and fashionable. The bad news is that if you’re not careful, it can look like a nightgown that has swallowed you whole. So how do you wear a floor-grazing dress with finesse? Read on for some helpful tips:
- For a boho vibe, add colorful beaded jewelry and flat strappy sandals.
- Wear delicate heels and sparkly jewelry for a more formal look.
- For height that’s more casual, try platforms or wedges.
- To show off a small waist, add a belt (or even a scarf) to a flowing maxi.
- To draw the eye to a pair of statement shoes, chose an ankle-length dress.
- Make it office-appropriate by adding a blazer and structured shoes.
- Experiment with layering, especially when the weather gets cooler. A leather bomber or denim jacket can toughen up a too-delicate dress.
- If you’re curvy, look for a dress with a cinched-in silhouette. The wrap style and empire waist style work well. Without that defined waist, you run the risk of looking curvier than you are.
- If you’re vertically challenged, go for a solid color that will give you a long, continuous look.
Now that you know how to wear a maxi dress, stop into Garmany to choose one that’s perfect for you. There are lots of options, including:
The blue Smocked Maxi Dress in lurex marble silk chiffon from Love Shack Fancy is perfect for a moonlit evening at the shore. A mini-length lining can be seen beneath the floor-grazing skirt with side slit.
The Geroux Silk Wrap Dress from Ganni is a flattering wrap dress that’s tea length in front and floor-length in back. It’s chic, yet slightly more conservative with t-shirt sleeves and a concealed waist belt.
Look every bit the boho bombshell in the Wallflower Ruched Dress by Veronica Beard. This strapless, body-hugging dress features a delicate floral print and a feminine ruffle down the front.