These are the best new five-star hotels around the world
Forbes releases new rankings annually for various topics—things like 30 Under 30 and Highest-Paid Actors constantly make the rounds online. But finally, here’s a Forbes list that’s not only aspiring but inspiring too—the best new five-star resorts around the world.
As part of its Travel Guide 2019 Star Ratings, the magazine and lifestyle brand has added an additional 21 five-star hotels to its winners list, and yeah, you’re going to want to update your passport and book your airfare to these locales ASAP.
The winners, as always, are heavily vetted by Forbes’ travel experts and are judged on some 900 criteria, with special attention being paid to each hotel’s customer service and overall experience. “Discerning travelers can trust that each winner is the best of the best,” Filip Boyen, CEO of Forbes Travel Guide, said in a statement. “We are pleased to honor the 2019 Star Rating recipients, an exceptional collection of hotels, restaurants and spas dedicated to guest service.”
And they’re certainly geographically diverse, as the winners span 76 countries in five continents. With the new 2019 additions, London becomes the city with the most five-star hotels, and a few other cities make their debut on the list, including, in alphabetical order, Anguilla, Bahrain, Belize, Da Nang, Doha, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, Hoi An, Istanbul, Oman, Perth, the Swiss Alps, Tel Aviv and Uruguay.
Check out Forbes’ 21 best new five-star resorts for 2019 below:
- The Four Seasons Resort Lanai in Hawaii
- The Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel in Paris
- The Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London
- The Carlton Hotel St. Moritz in Switzerland
- The Chedi Andermatt in Switzerland
- The Bulgari Hotel Beijing
- The Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi at Al Maryah Island in the United Arab Emirates
- The Bulgari Resort Bali
- Crockfords at Resorts World Genting in Pahang, Malaysia
- The Fairmont Pacific Rim in Vancouver, Canada
- The Four Seasons Resort The Nam Hai, Hoi An in Vietnam
- The Four Seasons Ritz Lisbon in Portugal
- The Alpina Gstaad in Switzerland
- The Raffles Istanbul
- The Rosewood San Miguel de Allende in Mexico
- The Salamander Resort & Spa in Middleburg, Virginia
- The Shangri-La Hotel, at the Shard, London
- The Bulgari Hotel & Residences, London
- The Langham, London
- The Peninsula Manila in the Philippines
- The Shilla Seoul in South Korea
View the full list of 2019 Star Winners at Forbes.com and, as always, make a stop at Garmany before you start planning your next vacation. We’ve got luxury menswear and womenswear for every type of weather and destination.