The Kentucky Derby may have its Mint Julip, and Wimbledon may boast the Pimm’s Cup, but the US Open has a drink too—the Honey Deuce. This delicious combo of vodka, lemonade and raspberry liqueur was created by Grey Goose mixologist Nick Mautone in 2007 and has become the signature drink of the tennis tournament with nearly a million sold as of 2016. The drink is garnished with frozen honeydew melon balls, which look like little tennis balls—fun! If you can’t make it out to Flushing Meadows to sip one in Arthur Ashe Stadium, never fear: Here’s how to make the drink at home.
- 25 oz Grey Goose vodka
- 3 oz lemonade
- .5 oz Chambord or premium raspberry liqueur
- Crushed ice
- Frozen honeydew melons for garnish
- Fill a chilled highball glass with ice and add Grey Goose vodka.
- Top with lemonade and then add Chambord.
- Garnish with skewer of honeydew melon balls (place honeydew melon in the freezer beforehand, then to create melon balls, use a melon baller).