If you’re one of those last-minute type of people who hasn’t yet solidified holiday travel plans, there’s good news. There are lots of festive activities for the whole family to enjoy right here in Red Bank.
Here are six things to do in the area that’ll get you and your crew in the holiday spirit:
- Take Photos with Santa: Every Saturday and Sunday from 12-4 p.m. until December 23, you can stop on by The Galleria at One Bridge Avenue to take photos with Santa. There are also photo packages available for purchase with the jolliest guy in town, perfect if you still need to create those holiday cards!
- Listen to Holiday Tunes: Don’t be alarmed if you’re wandering the streets of Red Bank’s business district and hear caroling, choirs, brass bands, rock, folk and jazz music playing out of nowhere. Musicians will be singing such holiday tunes around the area every Saturday and Sunday from 12-3 p.m. until December 23.
- Ride a Horse and Carriage: The business district will also be bustling with free horse and wagon rides, a unique way to soak in the sights and sounds of this joyous season. Board the wagon at one of two locations; 11 Bridge Avenue (near Danny’s Steakhouse) and 26 Broad St. (near Robinson Ale House), from 1-5 p.m. on weekends until December 23.
- Light a Menorah: Don’t forget the Festival of Lights! Red Bank will light the menorah as a community onDecember 5, the fourth night of Hanukkah, from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Riverside Garden Park.
- Shop for a Cause: And because the holiday season is nothing without giving back, join Garmany and the Tigger House Foundation at our store on December 7 from 5-7 p.m. for light bites, wine tasting, gifts with purchase and more. 10 percent of proceeds will go towards the Tigger House Foundation, which helps to reduce the death rate of heroin and opiate addiction.
- Enjoy a Winter Wonderland: Red Bank is putting on a brand-new holiday event for 2018 called Winter on Broad Street, featuring Ice skating, a life-size snow globe for selfie-taking, a scavenger hunt, a holiday bazaar and more. Check out the festive fun on Broad Street on Sunday, December 9 from 11-7 p.m.
Still looking for more indoors fun? Rent some skates at the Red Bank Armory Ice Complex, take in a show at the Count Basie Center for the Arts, or grab a drink at the new Red Tank Brewing Company.
And don’t forget to finish things off with a stop at Garmany, where we can help you find the perfect gifts for everyone on your list—yourself included!